Click here for a nifty site called gothere.sg, and follow the instructions below.
- Type your start point in the ‘From’ box.
- Type your end point in the ‘To’ box and press Enter.
- On your left, under ‘Directions’, you will see 4 transport symbols.
- Click on the rightmost one, the car.
- Your travel distance by road should be shown on the left.
- If you know the route but not the address, you can measure your route manually instead. Instructions are further below.
(1) It is easiest to use postal codes.
(2) For HDB addresses, just use block number and road name, e.g. 552 Choa Chu Kang St 52.
(3) If your destination is a place name, e.g. Far East Plaza, the website should be able to find it. Otherwise, enter the road name instead.
Click here to go to Google Maps, and follow the instructions below.
- Type your start point and ‘Singapore’ into the text box and press enter.
- Click on ‘My maps’ below the ‘Google maps’ header.
- From the list that appears on the left, click on ‘Distance measurement tool’.
- Click on your start point on the map.
- Click on the next point of your route. The tool can only draw in straight lines.
- Repeat until your whole route is covered.
- The distance will be shown on the left.
p.s. If you know how to embed these functions of Google Maps here, please enlighten me thanks!